Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday morning update on Jim

Spoke to Doug briefly this morning. His dad is doing well and is up some, walking and moving around. One thing though, Jim is getting some fluid build-up on his lungs. This is not completely unusual, but it is something that they have to watch and be concerned with.

In other news today, I have been nominated to be a speaker at summer commencement. There is a whole nomination and interview process, so who knows if I'll get it. In the spring I had been nominated for outstanding graduate for the College of Fine Arts & Communication but lost out to a music major. Let's face it, in my mid-30s I'm really not into student organizations and campus life, which is what I think hurt me. I guess being nominated is one more reason to finish the thesis. Funny thing is I wasn't even sure if I would attend graduation or not. I definitely wasn't making a big deal out of it. Guess if I am selected as a speaker I will have to go.

No comments: