Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Quiet beauty

It's 7 a.m. Everything is quiet; the hustle and bustle of the day has not yet begun. I am one of the few on campus at this time of the morning and am trudging up the steps to my building, bracing to face a full day of teaching. This time of the semester the days are speeding up exponentially and the teachers are as busy and worn out as the students. We are near Thanksgiving, but the weather hasn't complied. It's foggy this morning, a nice change from the mugginess. The high will be in the 80s.

Something catches my eye and I stop. I spider web glistens with morning dew. I can't remember the last time I saw something so intricate and beautiful. I take a photo with my cell phone. It doesn't do it justice, but I know by the time I can get a real camera, the web will be down, cleared away by someone trying to clean up. Life is short; now is all we have. Enjoy the quiet beauty of nature while you can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the gorgeous picture! Looks like lace studded with diamonds in the early morning with dew on it!

Speaking of pictures...isn't it about time to change your main blog photo? You look great, but Doug looks like a dirty old man leering as he sneaks up behind you with evil intentions...

:)
Auntie M.

dquack said...

The photo was on my birthday, in Providence, RI. He probably did have evil intentions. ;-)

The issue is the photo size. For some reason Blogger only allows small photos on the profile. I have cute photos with us and Mickey Mouse, but even with resizing and reducing the quality, it's too many MBs. The only thing that seems to work is the camera phone.