Thursday, July 27, 2006

Top place to shop

Granted, I didn't inherit the shopping gene in my XX chromosomes. I can think of 294 things I'd rather do than go to a crowded mall, even if there are bargains. Still, I think it's pretty cool that the outlet malls in San Marcos were recently named one of the world's top shopping destinations. The other day my mom mentioned that she saw it on the Travel Channel. Now the women on The View agree. Dubai, New York and San Marcos -- go figure.

Despite driving to San Marcos 3-4 days a week for two years, I admit I never made time to go shop. Of course, every so often Doug and I would take a weekend trip down as he likes Brooks Brothers and likes to shoe shop down there. There's a kitchen store I like, as well as a place with cute Christmas ornaments to feed my holiday fetish. I heard there is a new Create & Barrel store open, but haven't had a chance to visit it yet. I have a meeting on campus Monday. Maybe if it doesn't take too long, I'll do some shopping. This way I can say I've shopped at one of the world's top shopping destinations.

No comments: