Saturday, July 01, 2006

Acknowledgements

Last night I wrote the Acknowledgements section of my thesis. Since most readers won't get an opportunity to read my thesis (or would want to reach an 80-page research paper on blogs), I decided to post my Acknowledgements section here.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Writing a thesis is not just a research project, it is a learning process and an opportunity to synthesize one’s graduate studies. For this reason I would like to acknowledge all the graduate faculty members of the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Texas State University-San Marcos. Each class I took had an impact on this thesis.

I would like to especially thank my thesis chair, Dr. Ray Niekamp. His enthusiasm for the subject matter and ability to help me see the forest through the trees was invaluable.

I appreciate all the assistance Dr. Kate Peirce gave me with research methods, statistical tests, and the dreaded SPSS. She spent many extra hours with me, trying to help me understand it all. Dr. Sandy Rao is tireless in her dedication to the graduate program and I value all her assistance in completing both this thesis and my course of study.

Finally, I would like to give special thanks to Doug French, my significant other. He sacrificed many times over, supported me both emotionally and financially, and kept me focused on the end-game so that I could fulfill my goal of attending graduate school and becoming a teacher of public relations. I dedicate this thesis to him.

This manuscript was submitted on July 5, 2006.

No comments: