Sunday, May 21, 2006

May WOW tasting







Last night was the May tasting for the Women of Wine and the Men Who Adore Them. We had a great time, as usual. We sampled Spanish wine and Ian Clark was our guest speaker. I think my favorite was the Descendientes Palacios Petalos Bierzos, while Doug preferred the Raventos Cava, which is a sparkling wine.

The food was yummy. I'm a little disappointed because I made this thing where I rolled grapes in a bleu cheese mixture and then in toasted walnuts. It took me almost 4 hours for 150 grapes and only half were eaten. I think part of the issue is that it was outside with the wine (as they should be) instead of upstairs with the food, and people didn't see them. Oh well. A few of us are getting together for a swim and they will get eaten then.

No comments: