Saturday, May 13, 2006

Day 1, Napa/Sonoma


Just a quick update -- we are very tired. We visited four wineries today, primarily in the Calistoga, Ste. Helena, and Yountville areas of Napa. Our two favorites were Pride Vineyards (the photo of me), which makes a great merlot and cab, and Domaine Chandon, which specializes in sparkling wines (the photo of Doug).

One thing about the wineries here, they look fabulous. In Texas, they are just tasting rooms. Here there are gardens, koi ponds and one place, a gondola to get to the tasting room. No wonder they charge for tastings!

Tomorrow we are heading to wineries in the Sonoma area. I will try to post more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the place looks very scenic! And the beefcake photo of Doug: priceless. Drink a glass of Coturri for me (I have a bottleof this very good Zinfandel from the Chauvet Vineyards in Sonoma Valley). One of these days, I'll open the bottle.

Anonymous said...

Doug and Dara, I was hoping you would have a blog for your first day - thanks for sharing your finds. I also enjoyed both photos.
BF

Anonymous said...

Oh, to be a Wino!!! Wine country isn't that far from me. If only I drank. (sigh)

;)

Auntie M