Sunday, June 12, 2005

Good party, bad sleep


Last night was the June wine tasting for the Women of Wine and the Men Who Adore Them. It was a tour Italy to mark Paula's recent trip to the country. Despite it being hot, yesterday's high was in the 90s, everyone had a good time. Doug and I left a little after 1 a.m. and there were still folks there. This morning we slept until 10 -- I can't remember the last time I slept that late. But it wasn't just because we were out late.

About 3:15 this morning, Allegra decided she had to sleep on the bed, between our heads, and wouldn't get down. We noticed she was shaking like she does when fireworks are shot off in our neighborhood. We couldn't figure out what she was scared of, so we let her stay. Normally she crawls under the bed when she's scared, but yesterday we decided we needed that space for storage more than they need it to hide their "treasures" (our stuff that they steal and chew up). I guess with her hiding place blocked, she figured the next best place was between mommy's and daddy's heads. I just hope this doesn't become a nightly occurrence. I can't sleep until 10 every morning. Posted by Hello

No comments: