Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007

It's been a pretty quiet Christmas around here. Doug's parents are dealing with snow in northern Missouri and my family is going to have its gathering on Saturday. We opted to celebrate by ourselves.

Last night Doug and I went to Karen & Tom's, our friends who live in a log cabin in Dripping Springs. Each Christmas Eve they have their family, friends and any Christmas stranger come to their house for a celebration. It's always a fun time, with everyone trying to outdo each other on funky gifts and hidden meanings written as clues on the presents. There is always a lot of laughter and good times. Doug felt right at home, as he got a roll of toilet paper in his stocking (a gift his mom used to give).

We also got dance lessons last night, as Manda, Karen's teenage daughter, was showing everyone how to do Soulja Boy. The video is a little squished, as I filmed it vertically and when I turned the frame, it sized things. Guess I still need to work on the video capabilities of my camera.

No comments: