Saturday, January 21, 2006

School daze

Sorry for the limited postings this week. School started Tuesday and there is all the stuff one has to get done at the beginning of the semester. I am teaching two sections of Intro to Public Relations. The classes are MWF at 8 and 10 a.m. Ouch! That means I should leave the house by 6:15 to make sure I get there plenty of time and print out anything I need.

Actually, I don't mind those classes as much as I mind the thought of those classes. Traffic, while more than you might think at 6:30, moves rather quickly. Yesterday it took me 47 minutes from my driveway to the parking lot. A lot better than the 2 hours it took me to get home one night last semester. And because I arrive on campus before 7:30, I can actually park in the nearby parking lot and walk to my building. Granted, the lot is at the bottom of a steep hill, but it beats parking at the stadium and taking the bus.

The 8 a.m. class has about 50 students in it and they are more alert and want to participate in discussion more than you might think. The 10 a.m. class has close to 75 students and they are pretty quiet. There was still a lot of schedule changes last week, but my roster should be close to final by Monday.

As for the classes I'm taking, this is the semester to write my thesis. Most of the research is done. The other class I'm taking is an intensive three weekend (Friday night, Saturday all day) creativity class. It doesn't start for two weeks, but our team has already met, trying to formulate our game plan. I have paper due the first night in that class. In fact, I need to go so I can get started on it.

No comments: