Tuesday, April 12, 2005

More news on the job front

In addition to working part-time at Blanc & Otus this summer, I will be teaching an Intro to Advertising class. Texas State has a few classes they do in Round Rock. For those who have never visited us, Round Rock borders Pflugerville. I will be teaching 3 nights a week for about 5 weeks. I'm looking forward to it. Actually, where the campus is now is right across the street from where the B&O office is now. However, B&O will be moving downtown sometime this summer and the Round Rock facility will be moving into a new, permanent building in August.

I started at B&O Friday and have already been drafting pitches, responding to reporters, revising press releases, drafting bios and doing research. And that's just 10 hours of work. I had not realized how much I missed doing agency work. Right now I'm just supposed to be doing this for 2 weeks (of course it's some of the final weeks of the semester) while the person is confined to bed rest, and then I'll be back this summer. I can't wait!

Dara

No comments: