Monday, April 25, 2005

Counting down...

I have a 15-page paper due to night (that I'm presenting) in my Internet & Mass Media class. It's on the influence of blogs. Thursday night I have a test in my research class; it's not cumulative, but it is on statistics, so it will be killer.

Next Tuesday is my killer examine in my Mass Media & Society. I got a 98 on that paper last week and am solid in that class. Still, I don't want to blow the exam. Then on Thursday my final paper/project is due for my research class. It's half written, as we've had to turn in things all along, but the most difficult part to write hasn't been started. It's the number-crunching statistics. In fact, I tried to run some numbers already and aren't sure what they mean.

After that, school is over for the summer. Unless you count teaching summer school, which will be a lot of prep.

As expected, the 2 weeks at Blanc & Otus have been extended. The girl I'm filling in for is on bedrest for 2 more weeks and then she's coming back 24 hrs/week for benefits, until the baby is born. At that point, we'll job share, with her working in the morning and me working the afternoons. It will stay like that until she has her baby in mid-June.

I know I just have to hit it hard for the next two weeks and then it will be okay. I can't wait to have my weekends back. I feel that the weeks blur together as I'm usually studying all weekend. Of course, it pays off with grades and lack of stress. I finished my paper for Mass Media & Society last Sunday, while folks were working furiously on it Tuesday afternoon (due Tuesday night). And I thought I had been behind!

BTW, I got an email last week that I had been selected for a scholarship. I don't know the details, but I think this is the one where the Dean only selects one grad student per department. One of my professors told me about it, but said for me to wait to receive 'official' notification.

Need to scoot!
Dara

No comments: