Friday, June 16, 2006

Must-read interview

Watching the movie Hotel Rwanda, I was really moved by the story. One thing that struck me during the movie is that I didn't remember hearing of any of the events. Since watching the movie, I've seen other shows about what happened in Rwanda, including Sometimes in April.

Today I had another one of those realizations that I know little about what's going on in the world. Austinist interviewed Gilbert Tuhabonye about his book and the genocide in Burundi. As an Austinist, I knew who Tuhabonye is. However, I never heard of his country, Burundi, nor did I know what happened there. Now I am interested in reading more. It's amazing these massive killings go on simply due to someone being from another tribe and we Americans hear little of it. If you get a chance, read the interview.

No comments: