Sunday, July 24, 2005

"Vive le Tour! Forever"


Austinite Lance Armstrong said these words today as he retired from cycling after winning the Tour de France seven straight times. After the race, he gave a quick speech, paying homage to his team, his support crew and his two biggest rivals, both of whom were on the podium next to him. Lance also had this to say:

"...the people who don't believe in cycling, the cynics and the skeptics'... I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. But this is a hell of a race. You should believe in these athletes, and you should believe in these people. I'll be a fan
of the Tour de France for as long as I live. And there are no secrets -- this is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it.''


To me, that says a lot. It's really nice to see an athlete go out on top and go out with class.

Now that the Tour is over, what will I have to blog about? It's a good thing school starts in less than a month. :-)

No comments: