Wednesday, May 11, 2005

www.ICanBuyWineOnline.com

Today the Governor signed legislation allowing Texans to buy out-of-state wine online. This makes me happy. Before today if we wanted to purchase special wines from California or elsewhere, we'd have to go to a local wine store and have them order it. Not only is that a hassle, but you have to make it worth their while, so one or two bottles wouldn't do. Now it makes it much easier if we are traveling and find a wine we like, we can order it and have it shipped direct to us. Or if there is something unique we want, we can order it on Wine.com.

Dara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But I thought it was a federal law that prevents alcohol from being transported across state lines? Wouldn't the feds have something to say about this?

On the other hand, this might be a good thing if I want to buy Missouri beer which is probably in short supply here in Texas.

dquack said...

There is no law. For the 9 months I lived in Benton County, Ark., my options were to drive 20 minutes north to Missouri or 20 mintues south to Fayetteville to buy beer. If it was Sunday, I had to drive to Missouri. Eventually I decided to move to Fayetteville and drive 30 minutes north to work.

And have you ever tried Missouri beer? 3.2 beers sucks. Of course, Doug brews 12.2 beer...

Dara